An understanding of what love is guarantees a consequent manifestation in love. You may not enjoy what you do not understand. Until you have and give love you do not enjoy love. Understanding guarantees manifestation. That is why a lot of people struggle through life, not having any tangible experience of what love is all about.
What Then Is Love?
- Love is like the proverbial story of the elephant and the blind men; everybody tries to define in his or her own way.
- Love is a temporary madness that erupts like an earthquake and subside (St. Augustine)
- Love is the difficult realization that something other than oneself is real (Iris Murdoch)
- Love is the triumph of imagination over intelligence (H. L. Mencken).
- Love is a thing that can never go wrong (Dorothy Parker)
- Love is a strong positive emotion of regard and affection.
- Love is any object of warm affection or devotion.
- Love is a deep feeling of sexual desire and attraction.
- Love is life; if you miss love; you miss life (Leo Buscaglia)
- Love is the only force capable of transforming an enemy into a friend.
- Love is a feeling to be learned. It is tension and fulfillments. It is deep tongue and hostility. It is gladness and it is pain. There is no one without the other. Love is beauty and its burden (Walter Trobisch)
- Love is all about understanding, rejoicing in the fact that another person lives, acts and experiences, other wise than we do.
- Love is a feeling or care which must be handled with care because love is a burning fire, if mis-handled, it can cause havoc in somebody’s life.
- Love is not cheap talk. Love is hard work.
The above definitions from different schools of thought reflect a glimpse of what love is. However, for you to have a clearer understanding of love, you must look into the picture of the Scriptures (The Bible). Let us quickly see the book of John 3:16
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.
Thus, love simply means the reconnection of the lost soul back to the Source (God). Until you’re in God, you’re not in love.
Love therefore means, “The fulfilling of the law” (Romans 13:10).